The Vineland Historical and Antiquarian Society, a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization, was established in 1864, only three years after Vineland was founded. It is New Jersey’s oldest local historical society.
Since its beginning in 1864, the mission of the Vineland Historical and Antiquarian Society has been to document the lives of the individuals and the events that have shaped the community from before its inception through the present day. The collections gathered by the Society over the years include books, photographs, artifacts and other records of daily life and significant events.
The impressive building represents the architecture of the Georgian style and was built specifically for the VHAS on land purchased through the generous donations of John S. Shepard, Daniel F. Morrill, and Charles K. Landis. The project was begun in 1910, completed in 1911, and overseen by VHAS Board Secretary and philanthropist, Frank D. Andrews.
- Free access to the VHAS Research Library
($5.00 fee for non-members)
- Complimentary copy of the annual Vineland Historic Magazine
- The Quarterly Newsletter
- Mailings concerning VHAS events and projects
- A membership application is available by contacting the Administrator at (856) 691-1111 or emailing VHAS at VinelandHistory@gmail.com.